Sunday, November 06, 2005

Stephen Harper is an Ass

Even though I would like to see the Conservatives some day form government, I just cannot stand their current leader Stephen Harper. If Peter MacKay or Benard Lord were currently leading the Conservatives, I would certainly be planning to vote Conservative, but like many others who I have talked to, I will hold my nose up and vote liberal. I was listening to Stephen Harper today on CTV's question period. He was going on and on I about how the government doesn't deserve to be in office and he will not cooperate with them even if he could get them to implement part's of their platform. Perhaps he needs a lesson in Politics 101. Canadians knew about the Sponsorship Scandal last election and re-elected the liberals. Stephen Harper, you lost the election, so get over it and quit whining like a little child who cannot get his way. I am more concerned about the policies implemented rather than who implements them. As for the liberals being corrupt, yes some individuals within the party are corrupt, but we have seen corruption from all parties at one time or another. At least Paul Martin had the guts to call an inquiry rather than shove it under the rug. Off course any opposition leader thinks they are more fit to be prime-minister than the current one, but that doesn't mean they should refuse to cooperate if there is a minority government. If every opposition leader took this attitude during a minority government, we would have a situation similar to Italy where there is an election on average once every 13 months. I don't think Canadians want this and I certainly don't. I ask Stephen Harper, if the liberals form another minority government, is he still going to play his obstructionist tactics. Hopefully, after next election, the Conservatives can get a real leader, preferable from the former PCs, not one of those Reform/Alliance/Republican Wannabes who are so out of touch with mainstream Canadians.

This is guy is so condescending. He basically runs the party like a dictator and refuses to consult. Sure, there needs to be some leadership and I think a leader has to discipline those who make insulting and off the cuff remarks. Unfortunately Stephen Harper lets the extremist run amok while comes down hard on the moderates. No wonder Belinda Stronach defected to the liberals. If I were a Conservative MP with Stephen Harper as the leader, I probably would have done the same thing. This guy needs to go as leader ASAP. For those who want to dump him go to www.petitiononline.com/noharper as well as go to http://www.dehors-harper-out.blogspot.com/ and sign the petition asking him to step down as leader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home