Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Rummy Gone and Dems poised to take senate

Rumsfeld has finally stepped down and all I can say is good riddance. This guy was the worst amongst the worst in the Bush administration so I am relieved he is finally go although I don't expect his replacement to be much better.

The Democrats have won both Missouri and Montana and will almost certainly take Virginia so it looks like my prediction on the senate was a bit off. To make matters more impressive, only 15 Republicans were up for re-election, so that means the Democrats had to knock off 40% of the incumbents to re-take the senate, so definitely impressive here. I am also pleased to see that the ban on same-sex marriage appears to have failed in Arizona, while passed with less than 60% in conservative states such as Virginia, Colorado, and South Dakota, so maybe people are finally turning against the religious right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home