Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Election is on Now

Well to no one's surprise the government fell on a non-confidence vote. What was interesting is three of the four independents, including two former Liberals supported the non-confidence motion (Bev Desjarlais, David Kilgour, and Pat O'Brien in favour, while Carolyn Parrish opposed). It looks like we will have a rather long campaign with a break in the campaigning around Christmas, as should be the case. I would suspect any candidate who showed up at someone's door on or near Christmas day would be less likely to get their vote. Anyways I will give more in depth analysis including my opinions as the campaign continues. So far I think the Liberals are on the right track with their decision to make the economy the main issue. I thought making Health Care the main issue the last time was a mistake as they don't have the same level of credibility there as they do with the economy. Stephen Harper has already made two stupid remarks, which were accusing the Liberals of being a criminal organization and also saying he would re-visit the same-sex marriage issue. Ironically the Tories have narrowed the gap with the Liberals, which is no real surprise to me as the governing party usually drops after the writ is dropped. I expect them to rebound as people begin to think of the prospect of Stephen Harper becoming prime-minister, which I don't think most Canadians want to see. I also expect the attack ads towards the end of the campaign to scare many undecideds over to the Liberals. This time around, I will be helping out Joyce Murray in New Westminster-Coquitlam and Brenda Locke in Fleetwood-Port Kells. Since both of them were very strong cabinet ministers, I believe they would bring a lot more to the table for BC, compared to Paul Forseth who has been completely useless and Nina Grewal who is a complete embarassment. Anyways I'll have more later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miles; Your take on the leadership debates seem dead on, especially since I do not have the patience to watch these clowns live. Keep up the good work on behalf of those of us who are not as politically attuned.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you taken the right vitamin lately? Is your body answering that question right now? Shocking truth about why this whole food vitamin has set a new standard! This can improve your quality of life.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home