Monday, April 24, 2006

Carolyn Bennett and Bob Rae enter race

Today the Liberal leadership race has added two more candidates. In the case of Bob Rae, my opinion of him is explained well in an earlier post so I don't think I have to elaborate more here. All I will say is if he does become leader, I believe it will cost the Liberals seats in Ontario, which is not a good thing in my opinion. As for Carolyn Bennett she defeated two star candidates, Peter Kent and Paul Summerville in the last election and is a former doctor. While I don't know a lot about her, I am glad we have more women entering the race since I believe we need more women in politics. Obviously coming from the left side of the Liberal Party will make it difficult for me to support her for the leadership of the Liberal Party, although I would still vote for her in the next general election if she did become leader. One of my concerns right now is that with the exception of Scott Brison and Stephane Dion, all the other Liberal candidates are from the Greater Toronto Area. Now I have no problem with the leader being from the GTA, but as a national party, it is essential our leader reach out to all parts of Canada. We cannot return to government as the party for the GTA, we must be a truly national party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home