Monday, March 26, 2007

Quebec Polls Closed Now

Polls are closed now in Quebec, lets see what happens.

I'll be back soon.

UPDATE:

Looking good so far, Lib 22, PQ 10, ADQ 6, and GRN 1, so lets so what will happen. Not enough votes though to call the election, but hopefully soon we can call it.

UPDATE 2:

CTV has projected a minority government and still too close too call. In fact the ADQ could come in third in votes and first in seats.

UPDATE 3:

CTV projects the Parti Quebecois will not win the election. Although my preference is for the Liberals, I would rather the ADQ win than PQ, still I hope the Liberals pull it off. I am also surprised how well the ADQ is doing. I sure hope this doesn't translate into a Conservative majority since if the Conservatives get these numbers in Quebec, it would be a majority. Still I think since Harper unlike Dumont, has a record, he won't get this good a result, but we shall see. This also reminds me of the Ontario 1990 election where the protest vote resulted in a government being elected that people didn't plan on electing.

UPDATE 4:

CTV Projects a Liberal minority. Well at least the Liberals win the election, although much closer than I hoped. Although I am happy about the fact the PQ appears to be headed for third place, which is a good thing. More tomorrow.

UPDATE 5:

CBC has projected Jean Charest will lose his seat. While he stays premier, without a seat this could be problematic. That being said Don Getty in 1989 in Alberta lost his seat and stayed premier so it can be done. I think for stability reasons, he should stay on as leader until the summer recess and then at that point decide whether to stay on.

UPDATE 6:

Charest is now only trailing by 110 votes, so he might hang on with approximately 20 polls to go. Andre Boisclair is now speaking. I wonder if he will resign as leader on the spot.

UPDATE 7:

My mistake, Jean Charest has been re-elected, so he will have a seat in the National Assembly. Talk about making the wrong call on such a critical candidate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home